Karpooravalli is one of a home remedy that works when we get a cold and cough even for kids. It is a traditional herb in Tamil Nadu widely used for medical purposes. Crushed leaves are used as a local application to head in headache and to relieve the pain and irritation caused by poisonous bites. Extracted juice is applied round the orbit to relieve the pain in conjunctivitis. It is good for digestion. We can also eat directly after washing it. You can also make coffee by dipping two or three fresh leaf inside the hot water. It also possesses muscle-relaxant action, bactericidal and fungicidal properties.
To remove Chest mucus (chest congestion)
For adults and kids aged above 2 years,
Make a syrup out of the karpooravalli juice. The juice has to be extracted by crushing the leaves of karpooravalli. Take a spoon of karpooravalli juice, add a spoon of honey and a pinch of fresh ground pepper powder. Mix well to make the syrup. This syrup must be made fresh. This should be given 2 teaspoon and 4 – 5 times a day until they get a good relief.
For kids below 2 years,
Make a syrup as said above without adding pepper powder. 1 drop for infants under 1 year is enough and 1 teaspoon for children above 1 year. This should be given 3 – 4 times a day until they get relief.
- The above mentioned can also be used in case of constipation.
- Leaves crushed and placed in a room will act as a natural mosquito repellent.
- The itching and irritation of scalp can be reduced by applying paste of these leaves on the affected area.
- To reduce tooth pain or to cure mouth ulcers boil Karpooravalli seeds or leaves in water and rinse the mouth with the same.
- Make a paste of Karpooravalli seeds and leaves. Apply this paste on heat rashes or swelling due to pimple.
- The consumption of Karpooravalli seeds regularly can burn the body fats and thus helps to reduce weight quickly.